Kristine speaks Marine Corps. She started USMC Life in 2009 as a way to inspire, connect, and educate military families. Thousands of volunteer hours later, she turned the site into a business after receiving numerous requests from companies to advertise. In 2012, she formed USMC Life into an LLC with 16,000 monthly readers.
Kristine kept growing the company, breaking into the Marine Corps community as an influencer with a monthly organic reach of 2.5 million people in social media. Almost no money has been spent on advertising and she was able to achieve the following
- Facebook (2012) 4,746 fans | (2013) 113,524 fans | (2014) 209,665 fans.
- Website 2013 and 2014: Over 2 million pageviews each year.
- 65% active duty male followers
- 25% active duty military spouse followers
- 10% veteran and community supporters.
She sold the website to Bright Mountain Acquisitions on January 2, 2015 and agreed to stay on and manage the site for the next three years.
Kristine, on the Move
- Featured at 2016 MilSpouse Fest, hosted by Military One Click
- Selected as a Military Entrepreneur Delegate at 2016 Inc Magazine: GrowCo
- Book signing at 2016 Book Expo America
- Speaker at the Entertainment New Media Conference at Universal Studios
- 2015-2017 Advisory Board at Military Family Advisory Network
- 2015-2016 Board Member for Military Spouse Association
- 2014-2015 Board Member for Military Officer’s Association of America, currently serving spouses
- Speaker at Military.com 2014 Spouse Summit
- Panel Moderator at MOAA’s 2014 Spouse Symposium
- Voted as the 2014 Quantico Marine Corps Spouse of the Year
- Selected as a 2014 Military Influencer by USAA
- Co-founder of #KeepYourPromise alliance in December 2013 along with a group of military spouses to advocate for military families on The Hill. The campaign galvanized tens of thousands of online participants, leading to more than 157 million timeline hits on Twitter, and hundreds of thousands of individual calls and letters to legislators.
- Voted as 2013 Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Spouse of the Year
- Keynote Speaker for Operation Homefront “Homefront Heroes” Events
- Creator of the Live, Laugh, Learn Events
- Co-Host of Semper Feisty Radio
- Selected as a 2013 INC 500-5000 Conference as a Military Entrepreneur Mentor Delegate
- Triwest’s Healthy Homefront Hero
- Panelist at the 2012 Navy and Marine Corps Combat & Operational Stress Control Conference
- Panelist on Navy Wife / Military Life Radio
- Selected as a 2012 INC 500-5000 Conference as a Military Entrepreneur Special Delegate
- 2012 Milblog Conference
Kristine, as a Military Spouse
Kristine speaks military spouse. She has spent 20 years together with her Marine. She and her recently retired Marine have had three children, several duty stations, and a wealth of life experiences to rely upon. She has endured five wartime deployments, been involved in many volunteer programs, clubs, and more.
She understands what it is like moving a brand new baby across the country with a potty-training toddler in tow, and knows the wonderful reunion of her Marine meeting their nine-week-baby for the first time after returning home from deployment.
Kristine has both a BBA in Business Management and a BBA in HR Management from Boise State University as well as an MA in Organizational Leadership from Gonzaga University. In her spare time, Kristine enjoys reading, as well as celebrating life and red wine with friends.
Kristine, as an Author
Kristine speaks heartbreak and perseverance. She was recently published in ‘Stories Around the Table’ alongside a number of military spouse influencers in the community. She brings light to the heartbreak of losing her one-year-old son in a tragic drowning incident and how she has kept her family together to find happiness again.
She has written an award-winning memoir, 15 Years of War, which was released June 1, 2016.
Kristine, as a Military Spouse of the Year
Kristine speaks for military families.
- 2013 Camp Pendleton Spouse of the Year
- 2014 Quantico Spouse of the Year